Today’s Friday Fun Facts is dedicated to my students. Well, to any #UVIC students. I hope that you have a great start to the term and this school year leaves you with a continued love of learning. My other wishes for you are as follows in no particular order.
1. Come to class. You’ll do better.
2. Come to office hours. The consultation does help.
3. Do the reading. A close reading and not a quick review or scan.
4. Take notes.
5. Establish study or conversation groups.
6. Think about the assignments and manage your time well.
7. Use the handy assignment calculator to help you manage your paper(s) writing needs: http://webapp.library.uvic.ca/freecalc/
8. Write helpful comments on the Course Experience Surveys. (Teaching effectiveness, readings you didn’t like/did, etc). Save the snark for FB or Rate My Professors.
10. You have lots of resources at your fingertips or shoes–contact the Writing Centre or other offices on campus to help you.
11. Review numbers 1-3! Repeat.
12. Get involved! The more you make #UVIC and your home department your home, the better you will transition into the campus community. Don’t sleep through these 5.1 years. Make the most of it.
And, seriously, do enjoy these years on campus.