Today’s Friday Fun Facts is about taking control of your degree program by planning.
1. Verify the program requirements and make sure that you get as many of the prerequisites out of the way.
2. Re-read number one and then start working toward the electives in your degree program.
3. Visit the program or department’s academic advisor at least once per year.
4. Ask your instructors for advice, too. They might offer you an additional important opinion.
5. Speak to other students, but do not rely on them for the regulations or requirements, as they could be ahead of you and the regulations can change and your degree program might have experienced some changes. Always review the current requirements with an academic advisor.
6. Focus on taking classes that will round out your degree program.
7. Try to take some classes that you are genuinely interested in taking.
Enjoy your education. Own your education.