Today’s Fri Fun Facts is dedicated to thinking about what you do well and life planning. This is really for all of us, but I’m thinking of my college students who are on “break” working or taking Summer courses. It gets so easy to think about what needs to be done or what you haven’t scratched off on the “to do” list.During my office hours, I’ve also noticed a real apprehension with what is next and lots of self-doubt. So, let’s think about what you do well.
1. Get out a piece of paper. Oh, wait, open a new document or text yourself…
2. What do you do well? What are you known for among your friends or family?
3. The last time you were complimented–what was it for?
4. What do you want to known for at work or home? Remember to take care of yourself.
5. Think about your positive traits and what you have to give the world.
Now, think about what is next for you. You do not have to solve everything today, but just think about what is next. And, make this list realistic. Then, go chat with other mentors/coaches in your life and ask them for any guidance they might have as you embark on the next chapter in our life.
I really enjoyed this post, Prof. A! 🙂
Great! I just want to remind many–you’re great! Don’t stress out! But, those statements seem so shallow, when the student is stressing about life after UVIC. Hope that you are well.
Yes, I’m really enjoying my time here in Copenhagen. I couldn’t ask for a better exchange experience! I would definitely like to stop by your office to catch up and have one of these “life after UVIC” chats when I get home though! It’s definitely stressing me out a bit. Hope that you are well too!