It is Thanksgiving weekend in Canada and I am sitting here thinking about the things that I am thankful for with this new school year. In the spirit of brevity I will number.
1. I am thankful for my mostly good health.
2. I am thankful for my sweetheart’s good health.
3. I am thankful for my wonderful family–both made and born. Not a day goes by that I do not think of all my family in California.
4. I am thankful to have such wonderful friends near and far. I know that I can text or email this inner circle and hear from them quickly. Thank you.
5. I am thankful for my job as a professor. As I have noted before, I have the great fortune to mentor young people.
6. I am thankful for my admin gig. I get to help other faculty, staff, and students and enhance their learning environment.
7. I am thankful for my peer mentors. You know who you are. Thank you.
8. I am thankful for my students. I enjoy interacting with them in the classroom, office hours, and the mentoring moments.
I have lots more to say, but I think this is a great start for Canadian Thanksgiving. Smiling. The photo below is from UVIC Communications, Photo Services.