This Spring is extremely busy or perhaps more busy. I have been to four conferences in less than two weeks. I have had ample opportunity to re-connect or meet new people at each of the conferences and I have some advice for networking. This is not an exhaustive list.
- It’s great to introduce yourself, but make sure that you pause and listen to the people that you’re meeting.
- You’ll need to re-charge after the networking, and it’s important that you self-care and have some down time.
- Try to follow up with the new connections that you’ve made. This might be via an email or liking/sharing something that they’ve said on a social media platform.
- See if you can meet new people! At some conferences, work colleagues will congregate and the conference is the perfect opportunity to build your networks. You can meet new people and introduce them to others, who you know at the conference.
- Learn. Go to sessions that you’re interested in and be open to learning about new topics.
Regroup after the conference and think about how you can share what you have learned with your colleagues.