I am a pretty red extrovert, and I have taken special care in the last three years to be more mindful about my extroverted ways. I have learned to modulate my speech, and move my hands less, when engaging an introvert. It’s taken me years to work on this, but I think I have gotten better. I have a few fun facts to share. These are truisms for me, and might not hold water for you.
1. Thinking about communication is work.
2. You do not have to respond.
3. Pause, and then reposed. (If you are going to do so).
4. Use delay delivery with your email. It also gives you some time to go back and review
5. Enthusiasm can go a long way.
6. A meaningful thank you or sorry is worth its price in rubies.
That is all! Here are some screen caps from “Finding Dory.”