For more than a year, I have tested a several meditation or relaxation apps and websites. I have found that I am smitten with a few that are working for me. My favorite are: Headspace, Meditation Oasis, and white noise. The white noise I get from either Relax Melodies or my Nursal White Noise Machine that I bought via Amazon.ca.
I have had problems sleeping for more than a year and part of the issue was my anemia. Repeatedly I was advised to do yoga, meditate, and change my sleep routine so that I could ease into sleep. Some of the advice worked. I have tried numerous apps and websites, but Headspace and Meditation Oasis are my favorites.
I find that waking up, meditating and doing yoga works well for me. Then, I end the day doing some relaxation poses and more meditation. I prefer the Nursal machine’s ocean mode. With Relax Melodies, I have tried a few of the settings, but find that the underwater or ocean sounds are the most soothing for me. I do not have the paid version of Relax Melodies, but do have the premium Headspace account.
Which apps, sites or YouTube channels do you like for your meditation or relaxation routine? Please share!
If you’re anything like me, you don’t really like having someone tell you that you need to relax. So, I will not tell you to relax, but I will say that I am still in a post-vacation bliss. I took a family vacation last week and am almost through the first week back at work. What did I learn?
I like vacations. And, I need to take more occasional tech detoxes. I had an unplanned tech detox thanks to problems with my Smart Keyboard. I was able to read Twitter posts, but not reply or type. That pretty much meant that I wasn’t on Twitter that much. I didn’t travel with my laptop and I ended up reading several books and caught up on some magazines and Netflix series. I also made lots of memories with my family and had ample opportunity to sleep in and do very little. It was perfect.
It’s great to be back at work. And, I am looking forward to my next vacation, which will be more of a staycation. I have included a photo from my vacation. I had my first cup of coffee most mornings on this deck.
What do you do that you enjoy? People will often say, “My guilty pleasure is a trashy novel.” Replace novel with the name of a television show or magazine for others. I’m on a vacation from teaching and advising, but am researching and writing. And, thinking about what I enjoy or what helps me feel grounded.
1. Sleep. I need a good six to seven during the school year, but during vacation I might get eight. Eight.
2. Exercise. I have chronic back and neck issues thanks to some car accidents. (Rear-ended or t-boned). I need to exercise to keep myself healthy and happy.
3. Family. I have two kids and a partner. I love them dearly most days and want to spend time with them. I’m melting with love as I think of their smiling faces.
4. Yoga. I am a Type A person and yoga helps me relax and loosens up my attitude and body. I have found that I prefer a warm room for yoga and have moved to Moksha or the occasional Bikram’s class.
5. Reading. If I am not getting any fun reading in, I get grumpy. I have several books on the go usually and enjoy many genres.
6. Outdoors. I need fresh air and must get outdoors some. This is easier during the Summer in the Pacific Northwest, but I’m going on year two of not complaining about the rain as much as I used to and it’s working. I like the outdoors when it’s a little wet, too!
What are five or six things that you like to do? This can be during your vacation or just in general. I’m trying to do these six things lots as I slow down during my vacation.